I miss having a simpler life as a younger person. Training is easier when you focus on a few things, instead of many.
Before 30 I did one main exercise : I ran. Now I run, swim, and lift.
From 18 to 21, I focused entirely on the total syllabus of the university and the quantifiable structure of conscious experience, and from 22 to 39, I focused entirely on Malaysian SMBs and software development. Now I have to study macro asset allocation, geopolitics, nutritional biochemistry, neuroanatomy, and the foundations of maths.
Before 2009, I focused on composition in English, and perhaps two scripting computer languages. Now I have added Malay, and comprehend the structure of all computing operations from assembly to user interfaces.
It is of course, harder to do basic little things with much focus. But I think, I will be able to reacquire the quality of running I had in 2006, soon, because it was not a remarkable quality altogether. Then I will have to think about other dimensions of progress, but one thing at a time ...
No comments :
Post a Comment